A non-profit organization, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, was set up by former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair. The goal is to help make globalization perform for the many, not the few. To help countries, their people and the country’s government tackle some of the toughest challenges in the world today. Tony Blair’s objective was the following:
- To widen the activity of these organizations
- Re-orientating the mission to contemplate the overlap between extremism, governance, and the Middle East
- The needed policies to combat populism in the West
A non-party political for the organization. Urge by a belief that the only future that performs is one that is open-minded and thoroughly knows that globalization is driven primarily by people. On evidence-based solutions to ensure that globalization works for everyone is their focus and not on creating barriers.
A “new policy platform to refill the wide open space in the middle of politics.” Tony Blair embarks on the Institute intended at impeding a “frightening authoritarian populism” that according to him is threatening the West’s belief in democracy. The organization will focus on re-energizing the center ground, fighting religious extremism, African governance, and Middle East policy as Tony Blair has said.
The former prime minister said in his interview with the Guardian his Institute for Global Change is more than a think tank. This is so since it would aim to arm front-rank politicians with programs and policies to rebuild the center and combat populism caused by a cultural and economic revolt against the effects of globalization. Tony Blair said in that interview on 17 March 2017:
- The party should be opposed to Brexit at any cost as labor’s “essential duty” was. If they dislike the deal secured Conservative Prime Minister Theresa May, then to keep open an option that allows the British people to think again.
- Rightist ideologues are now operating the Conservative approach to Brexit, and passionately working to leave the EU without any trade agreement.
- The En Marche! vehicle created by Emmanuel Macron in France was not his intention to create a movement alike, but rather to aid create a set of policies to direct voters’ agitation caused by globalization, that includes trapping incomes and migration.